April 16, 2015

After the Retreat....Success...Cards your going to love....The first card...

Good Afternoon Ya'll,

I have been hinting for a while about all the wonderful cards that would be coming after a weekend retreat that I attended in March...

I had the best time and of course spending time with Stampin' Up Customers and fellow demonstrators sure will inspire you to Create, CREATE, CREATE.....

This will be the first post in a series that will showcase all the wonderful cards created at my retreat...This truly was a SWEET RETREAT...Thanks Deb Krusemark for all your hard work in preparing our project cards and for hosting a fun weekend...If you don't know Deb she is a Stampin' Up demonstrator in Hoffman, MN.  We spent a fun weekend at the Luther Crest Bible Camp.  I created 53 cards from Friday night until Sunday afternoon.  I did sleep some too, but I was there to make cards and to spend some time with my Stampin Pals.

The first card that I will feature is a Mothers Day Card.  This card is great inspiration...I made multiples of this card because I have several moms that are special to me that will be getting this card...Know I don't know that they follow my blog so if you know them don't spill the beans about a special card that will be coming their way..I want it to be a surprise.



I absolutely love the crocheted look of the flowers and then of course it makes them look like they are jumping off the page when you layer them up like this.  Combined with the smoky slate paper this really is a fun, bright card.
Did you earn the free products during Sale-a-bration?  One of the items that I got was the pack of 12 x 12 paper that is used in this card.            
I love the tulip pattern and the bright colors that are used in this whole pack.  One of the colors that I love to use is the Coastal Cabana...It has to be one of my favorites.

Don't forget to layer the flowers with dimensional and add just a little bling with the pearls in the centers of the flowers.

I used the piercing tool, mat and stencil to add a nice touch to the bottom of the card that accents the Happy Mother's Day oval just perfectly...I love the added touch it gives to the card.


I am sure that this card will be a fast favorite for you too, and if these colors don't float your boat you can always adapt the card to your colors/paper choices.  That is what I love about sharing ideas.  There is no limit to your creativity you can make all kinds of changes to make this suit your style.


Supplies Used:

Stamp Sets: Petal Potpourri, Crazy About You, Petite Petals
Punches: Flower Medallion Punch
Thinlits: 2 Smaller ovals
Paper: Smoky Slate, White, Coastal Cabana, Best Year Ever DSP (Sale-a-bration Promotion)
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delite
Accessories: Pearls, Piercing Mat and Piecing Tool

All of these supplies are available on my site to purchase, www.southernbellestamp.stampinup.net!

Ya'll don't be a stranger, stop in again for more card inspiration!

Southern Belle Stampin

Tara Jeffries

No comments:

Post a Comment