March 11, 2015

Simple Cards are making a come back....

Happy Spring  Ya'll,

SPRING is in the air.....I am so glad that the snow is melting and the sun is out more....I am not the biggest fan of winter and I get super excited to be outside and get the fresh air without it freezing my lungs.

AH so fresh, clean, and crisp...I love Spring and all things green...

Now to today's post.

I love seeing what new techniques there are and trying to make my own renditions of them, but sometimes the simple cards win out for me.   I like that it doesn't look intimidating and and that anyone can make the cards...

So today here is a take on simple cards that are again for birthdays...but for an adult...One for a guy and one for a girl.

First is the GIRL'S CARD.  What girl doesn't love to get a hand stamped card....and one with flowers on top of that.


Bright, cheerful, and full of color is exactly what I would want...

Supplies:
Card Base: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, and it is a side flip card in Rich Razzleberry
DSP (Designer Series Paper) is Sweet Taffy
Petite Petals Stamp set, and punch
Pansy Punch and Flower Shop Stamp set
Whisper white paper and med white envelopes
Staz On Black Ink Pad
Rich Razzleberry Ink Pad

The Happy Birthday stamp is discontinued but Stampin' Up has many stamps that will work in its place, use your favorite stamp instead...

I am a purple girl all the way, and Stampin' Ups Rich Razzleberry Paper is the perfect color for this card.

The Sweet Taffy has a striped paper that matched great with the color I wanted, so I cut a wave in the top of the paper so that the flowers would follow the wave on the card. It is about 2 3/4 inches tall on one end and goes to about 2 inches on the opposite end.


The flowers add just a touch of girly to the card and when you layer them on top of each other they just jump off the page. I used Dimentionals to raise the flowers off the page. The larger flowers are glued to the card and the smaller petite petal flowers are all raised. The flowers follow the wave in the paper.




Don't forget to stamp your envelope...It adds such a great touch, and it lets your recipient of the card know that it is hand made and extra special...






Now for the GUY'S CARD,  It is simple and it has the perfect guy colors don't you think...

 This card has the same base size as the one above and it opens from the bottom.

Supplies:
5 1/2 x 4 1/4 in Basic Grey.
DSP- I am me (Discontinued from last year, but the patterns in Flashback (current DSP) would be great too, and the same pallet of colors.
Sassy Salutation Stamp set,
Mini brads

Paper:
   Summer Starfruit Paper-discontinued
   Real Red Paper
   Pool Party (for the sentiment)
Real Red Marker for the **Happy Birthday on the Envelope
**FREE...Big Day Stamp Set during Sale-a-bration

The banners are cut in DSP, real red, and summer starfruit:
DSP 2 3/4 x 5
Summer Starfruit 2 1/4 x 3 1/2
Real Red 1 1/2 x 4 1/2
Pool Party is stamped in Basic Grey Ink, and cut out using the Apothecary Accents Framelits set.




Again I decorated the envelope to say Happy Birthday, and hand colored it with the Real Red Marker.

Simple but effective for a guy's card.  They don't usually care about fluff or sparkle like we do...(the girls)





I hope that you have seen something that would be easy for you to reproduce in your own color pallet or even case it completely like I have it.  The beauty is that you can use the idea anyway you want.

Stop back ya'll for some Project Life Inspiration Next...

Southern Belle Stampin

Tara Jeffries



1 comment: