February 9, 2015

You & Me...Love started with us....

Good Morning Ya'll,

Welcome to Post #2 for Valentine's week.

Today's card will be the one that I give my sweetie this Valentine's Day.  I think that this special day has gotten way overly commercialized.  It is a day to celebrate love, and I think that there is no better way to do that than to make your own card and share that with your loved ones.

I love the fact that it is a day for lovers alike to share where their life started, and that deep love that makes us swell with pride because everything that comes next started here.

For me that is a wonderful husband and 2 great kids..and a happy marriage of 18 years this year!!

Take the time to tell those that you love what they mean to you, because life is short to hold all that love inside and not share it with others.

Now back to today's card....It is the perfect card for me.  I can't say it is the favorite, but it is a favorite.






The idea for this card came from one that I saw on Pinterest.  Amy Rysavy. She is a demonstrator in Canada.  Here is her card...I love the stacked hearts, but I didn't have the twine so I wanted to include more color, and a different card base.------------------------->





And here is the card that I made.  I didn't use the twine, rather "Stacked with Love" strip of paper and the glimmer paper. I put my hearts in the middle verses down the side.  I think that both cards are wonderful, but I adapted it to include the supplies that I had on hand and to my style. 



Supplies Used:

Basic Black Card Stock-Card Base
Real Red Card Stock- Small hearts
Silver Glimmer Paper- 1/2 Strip
Stacked with Love Paper Stack- Red Hearts DSP
Sweetheart Punch-2
Heart Punch (from the Itty Bitty Punch set)- Multiple punched out of different papers in the stack,
Staz On Black Ink
Heart Thinlit Dies(Third smallest)
Perfect Pennants Stamp set
Dimentionals and Tombo glue for adhesives


This super cute card is a great card for that special someone.  Stop in on my site and get these supplies to start your card making for Valentine's Day.

Ya'll check back tomorrow and see what card is next.

Later Ya'll,

Southern Belle Stampin

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment