December 6, 2018

Joyous Noel Gifts

Good Afternoon Friends,

I have been home from Orlando for a month now and I am still just reeling from all the excitement of the new products that I have seen, new techniques to try, and all the wonderful things that Stampin' Up! gave us for attending.  I have been having a very productive week creating with my favorite suite in the Holiday Catalog, Joyous Noel...  The catalog just doesn't capture the beauty in this suite of products like when you see them in person.  They are just beautiful!!

Today I am sharing a couple of cute pillow boxes that can be filled with all kinds of goodies.. These Craft Pillow Boxes are sold in a package of 10. They have tiny white polka dots on them so they are not plain, just a perfect background to add to.

I put little truffle candies in my boxes, but they could hold a variety of items to gift to someone special!



I used the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to make the belly bands for the pillow boxes, I played with the pieces used making them different widths to see what it would look like... Which do you prefer the narrow or the wide. I have mixed feelings because I love the overall look of them both...so I like them both, but I would love to know which one you prefer...


I used the Sprig Punch, Pretty Label Punch, and the 1 3/8 Circle Punch to decorate the sentiment on the pillow boxes.  The circle of glimmer paper adds the perfect touch of sparkle.  I used the same sentiment on both as it fit perfect in my stacked label the best.  The sprigs were punched in Sahara Sand cardstock, Tranquil Tide cardstock, and Tranquil Tide Glimmer Paper.  I also used the Sahara Sand Cardstock for the Pretty Label too.  The sentiments were stamped in Tranquil Tide and Merry Merlot inks.


The ribbons that were used to make the cute and fun bows at the top of the pillow box were Shaded Spruce ribbon from the Metallic Ribbon Pack, and the Merry Merlot & Copper Reversible Ribbon. The Merlot & Copper Ribbon was only tied with one bow, but the Shaded Spruce one I quadrupled the ribbon by wrapping it around 4 fingers 3 times even top and bottom of my fingers with tails on opposite ends, then tied it with the single strand that I wrapped around the pillow box to give it a fuller bow since the ribbon is more narrow than the Merry Merlot ribbons.

These cute little boxes will make great gifts for my co-workers for next week when we have our Secret Santa Potluck...


Supplies Used:

  • Kraft Pillow Boxes (2)
  • Whisper White, Tranquil Tide, Sahara Sand and Merry Merlot cardstock
  • Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
  • Sprig Punch, Pretty Label Punch, and the 1 3/8 Circle Punch
  • All three colors of the Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper
  • Shaded Spruce Metallic Ribbon 
  • Merry Merlot & Copper Reversible Ribbon
  • Tranquil Tide & Merry Merlot Ink Pads

No comments:

Post a Comment