July 17, 2018

Good Morning Stampers,

Long time no see...I hope you know that you have all been on my mind for the last three months...You are probably wondering if I forgot that you were out there, and waiting for some inspiring new projects to work on, especially featuring some of the wonderful new things that the Annual Catalog has to offer… but before we get to our crafting fun let me share what has been keeping me super busy the last couple of months.

Project #1- New bathroom remodel… Oh this sounds like a big mess, and let me tell you it certainly was quite the mess for sure.  Our project consisted of replacing the vanity, and sink, toilet, fixtures, lights, and the floor.  So first things first we took all the items being replaced out and started our floor project.  We are “Do It Yourself” kind of people and this was the first time we had tiled a floor… We did our back splash in the kitchen that does take some of the same steps, but the floor is its own kind of fun….and of course I wanted a cool pattern to the floor so we had even more work on our hands…I can’t do anything simple ha ha... The floor is a light wood look floor tile that we ended up cutting in half so that the pattern would show more.  So we had to cut all the tiles to 12” long instead of the 24” long.  Way more work cutting every tile...So worth it...Don’t you think.  Then it made it easier for all the other updates to happen.  And here is the finished bathroom.  It turned out great.  We put shelves up for towels and such and kept the look very clean...Just love how it turned out!!






Project #2- New Deck… This was the most timely of all the projects because so much hindered on weather and plans for materials and even the timing for the work permit that we later found out that we did not need.  Grr. But we got it done just the week before graduation.  Whew...just in time.  The old deck was so rotten and such a hazard to even walk on. There is no way we could have waited any longer to replace this deck… It was literally being held together by the top deck boards.  Everything underneath was rotten and completely gone in lots of areas.  It looks amazing now, we went with cedar treated boards, and we love the way it all turned out.. Again another do it yourself project and it turned out AMAZING!!!  I just don’t think that it could have turned out any better...The post caps are one of my favorite features...Love the added light in the dark...I am sure that you think so too…







Celebration time...Now for the reason that we did all these updates...Our son was graduating high school, and we had family coming from out of state to see it… 13 people to be exact that would be staying with us, and sharing our little house space...It is the first time that all of them had been to Minnesota since we moved here 6 years ago.  It was so great having them all here… Where did everyone sleep your asking...Good question...my classroom area got cleared out for one couple to sleep in the basement, Emily gave up her bed to her grandma and she slept in a tent in the yard with her cousin, and Ethan gave up his bed for another couple that is all for inside the house...Outside we added a nice fish house for my brother and his wife and two ot their kids, and then we added a popup camper for my nephew and his fiancee to sleep.  Then as for my other nephew he slept on the couch.  Everyone in one area for 4 days…














It was heaven having them all so close.  I missed them all so much… We had 2 graduation ceremonies, a wine and craft night for my Minnesota family to meet my Missouri family, a day at Thunder Road in Fargo,ND and a big grad party for Ethan!  All of this in 4 days! Wowzers that is so much go go go!!  But so much fun!  Here are some fun photo of our family time!











I did manage to get some crafting done in the last couple of weeks with my team so I can’t wait to share that with you next week… I can hardly wait…I will back with you in next week to share with you some new crafting fun..

See you next week!

Southern Belle Stampin

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment