March 8, 2018

Technique Thursday - Extending Your Dies

Hello Stampin Friends

Today on Technique Thursday I want to share with you how to extend your shaped dies.  This does not include all shaped dies, just the shapes that are symmetrical and not circles or ovals.  These shapes are generally used for banners, squares, and shapes such as this.  But you never know until you try them.

I plan to show you the square stitched shape dies that I have tried and extended to make the shapes longer for a mat, or for a larger image to place on cards.  This works great with squares to make rectangles.

We have been shown how we to cut multiple images ad then cut them apart to layer on the back of the stamped image to make a mat.  Extending the die only extends it in one direction.  However if you need the image matted all the way around it is best to cut multiple images and layer on the back.




Wow, this was fun to demonstrate, I cut several of these ahead of time so that I had my steps down for the video and everyone that I cut I messed up... so don't worry if you don't get it right the first time, it took me several times in practice to make sure that I did it right in my video...Practice really does make perfect...or in my case nearly perfect... This is only the second video that I have ever done...so not to bad!!

I hope that this helps you make better use of your dies.  I am excited to use this technique more in my stamping.

Happy Stampin

Southern Belle Stampin

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment