February 4, 2015

Love is in the air.....VALENTINE'S DAY around the corner..

Good Morning Ya'll,

Just stepping in to share some of my prep for my Valentines Card Class.
I have several ladies coming and of course a couple young daughters, one of which is mine...She is stamping with a friend for her birthday..She loves to craft like I do...chip off the old block...hee hee :)

With lots of strips of paper, hearts, ribbon, glittery paper, and of course stamps about love...I have been having all kinds of fun with my cards for class...

After all the prep was done, and supplies all packed, I had a bit of fun with my Valentine's Day Banner.




Great fun using the new Stacked with Love Paper Pack from Stampin' Up Occasions Catalog to create such a cute banner.  

Supplies:

8 1/2 x 11 Card Stock- 1" wide strips cut in 6" and 8" lengths 
Calypso Coral
Crisp Cantalope
Real Read
Whisper White
Silver Glimmer Paper
Stacked with Love Paper Pack- 1" wide, in 4" and 6" lengths (Cut 2 each of 8 to                                                                                         10 sheets)
Punches
Sweetheart Punch
Heart Punch from the Itty Bitty Accent Punches
Ribbons
Real Red Cotton Ribbon
White Baker's Twine
Silver Ribbon
Calypso Coral Satin Ribbon(Leftover from prior Sale-a-bration years)
Stapler

Directions-

1. Cut your solid card stock in to 1" strips, This will be the outside and middle to the heart. 6" and 8" lengths.

2. Cut your choice of prints in the "Stacked with Love" paper pack to 4" and 6" lengths. (If you want to avoid extra trimming you can use length and width of the paper (4 1/2" and 6 1/2") and leave the 8" strips 8 1/2", This would be a little bigger than mine.  And if I had planned a little better I would have not trimmed mine...tricks you figure out as you go, or after the fact like me...but in time to share it with you....:)

 3. Layer the strips in this order- 8", 6", 4", 6", 4", 6", 8".  I made the center 6" and 8" the same color.

4. I used Stampin' Ups New Small stapler and stapled the bottom of the strips.

5. One at a time starting with the 4" strip fold it around and glue to the center 6" strip, about center on the 6" strip. I went a little lower than center so that the smaller heart looked like a heart.  I used the red tape as I could put that on all the strips of each piece before folding to make it quicker.

6. Repeat with each strip until the hearts are formed on each side.

7. Hand punch a hole in the center strip and string up the Banner in any order you like.  I measured out about 6 to 8 inches of ribbon of each with a little longer on the bakers twine, and tied them around the main banner ribbon.  I tied them loosely so that I could move them around to space them.


Banner measures over 4' across, and has 8 large heart sections, and 3 smaller heart sections.

I didn't plan on the smaller sections but I wanted to use all the cut paper so I made 3 additional pieces to add in.  I am glad that I did.  I love the way it adds to it.



Oh and let's not forget the fun I had putting together a few treat bags for the guests attending class. Just a little "Thank You"  for attending tonight...

Straight from the January Paper Pumpkin Kit.  Just added my own candies...for a nice YUM sweet treat!


We will be making 3 regular sized cards and 3 1/2 size cards with a decorated treat box...


You will have to check back next week for a peek at the cards created at this class.  I am sure that you will LOVE them as much as I do...



Well ya'll if you think this is fun, then maybe you should join my classes too. If you are in Fergus Falls, MN I would love to have you join me for classes.  Limited space and RSVP is helpful.  You will have loads of fun!!!

 I can't wait to help some lovely ladies create their Valentine's tonight!


Ya'll come back now ya hear!

Southern Belle Stampin
Tara Jeffries

No comments:

Post a Comment